Expeditor – Purchasing & Procurement
£18,000-£22,000 depending on skills & experience
Our client is a long-established electronics manufacturing services (EMS) provider that employs more than 400 people with a turnover exceeding £40million. They take great pride in providing a range of high complexity industrial electronics products and outsourced manufacturing solutions for worldwide clients in a range of industries.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Expeditor to support the procurement department at their Kempston site.
Reporting to the UK Purchasing Manager the successful Expeditor will have a range of duties including expediting, scheduling of POs, delivery queries, supplier delivery confirmation and other procurement based support activities.
Your duties as an Expeditor will include:
- Management of supplier acknowledgements to include chasing non-responses, updating EDI exceptions and interacting with suppliers and internal colleagues.
- Identifying and reporting potential delivery issues through the purchasing team to internal customers.
- Progressing delivery dates and updating supplier responses.
- Rescheduling supplier delivery dates with customer requirements.
- Resolving invoice queries and escalating where required .
- Ensuring all supplier data is correct and up to date across all business systems,
- Producing and issuing Purchasing and Supplier KPIs and other ad hoc data and reports as required in a timely manner.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and taking a proactive approach to implementing ideas.
- Providing support to global purchasing initiatives as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) and other replenishment mechanisms.
- Knowledge and/or experience of procurement processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively and confidently with both internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify data errors and put in place corrections.
- Knowledge and ability to process data and information in MS programmes, especially Word and Excel.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Be well-organised and methodical with a patient and helpful ‘can do’ manner.
Salary and reward package:
- Salary in the region of £18k-£22k depending on skills and experience.
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 days with service plus holiday purchase scheme.
- Company contributed pension.
- Flexible working hours.
- Pleasant and friendly working environment.
- Training and continuous development.
- Use of onsite gym.
- Free parking on site.
Key Words: Expeditor, Procurement, Purchasing, Expediting, Electronics, Manufacturing Resource Planning, MRP, Bedford, Kempston, Hitchin, Luton, Cambridge, St Neots, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Luton.