Insurance Sales Administrator
£19,000 to £22,000 pa
Wadhurst, East Sussex
Our client is a family-run insurance broker with more than two decades of experience in delivering tailor-made insurance policies. Due to increased business a vacancy has arisen for an ambitious, driven Insurance Sales Administrator to join their small, friendly sales team at their Wadhurst head office.
The successful Insurance Sales Administrator will handle a range of queries from new and existing customers, convert leads to sales, and process general office admin ensuring the highest levels of customer service are met.
This is a Monday to Friday role, working on a shifting rota of 8.30am-5pm, 9am-5.30pm or 10.30am-7pm, plus one Saturday in four from 9am until 4pm.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, ambitious and conscientious individual looking to progress their career in insurance sales. Your study towards a Cert CII qualification will be fully supported.
Your duties as an Insurance Sales Administrator will include:
- Being the first point of contact from potential and existing customers via phone, website or email.
- Calling warm leads and converting to policy sales.
- Dealing with a range of customer queries including mid-term adjustments, renewals and offering advice.
- A range of administrative tasks including data entry in to relevant systems, scanning documentation, producing and issuing quotations and new business documents.
- Reporting to the Sales and Claims Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- A track record of success in a similar insurance sales role. Telesales or insurance claims experience is also relevant.
- Working knowledge of Open GI would be desirable.
- Knowledge of FCA relevant to the insurance industry, plus Data Protection Act, Proceeds of Crime Act and Public Interest Act would be an advantage.
- A proactive approach to work with good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills - the ability to build meaningful relationships with customers, brokers and colleagues, with a friendly, helpful, co-operative disposition.
- Clear and confident verbal and written communication skills, including good listening, influencing and negotiation skills.
- The ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent MS Office skills – Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Due to the office location you will need to be a driver with own car.
Salary and reward package:
- Salary of £19k - 22K depending on skills and experience.
- 20 days holiday plus public holidays. Holiday increases with service to 25 days holiday.
- Full support for study towards Cert CII qualification.
- Free parking available.
- Occasional fun days/charity days.