Buyer - Electronics and Electrical Components
Our client is a long-established electronics manufacturing services (EMS) provider that employs more than 370 people with a turnover exceeding £35million. They take great pride in providing a range of high complexity industrial electronics products and outsourced manufacturing solutions for worldwide clients in a range of industries.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced procurement and supply chain professional with strong analytical and communication skills to support the Purchasing Department at their Lutterworth office.
The successful Buyer will support all aspects of the purchase to pay process including replenishment of materials for production, expediting, negotiation, indirect purchasing processes, supplier delivery and quality issues.
Electronics manufacturing is a dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment which varies every day. You will join an amazing team with a unique set of skills and a commitment and passion for process and control.
Your duties as a Buyer – Electronics and Electrical Components will include:
- Supporting the Purchasing Department with all aspects of the purchase to pay process, including;
- Replenishment of materials for production.
- Negotiating and resolving pricing queries accurately and escalate where appropriate.
- Ensuring that Purchase Orders are placed in line with existing Supply contracts.
- Expediting - identifying and reporting potential delivery issues.
- Resolving supplier delivery and quality issues.
- Ensuring correct processes are followed in approving new suppliers.
- Providing support where appropriate to the senior buyer for Indirect Purchasing.
- Ensuring all the data for suppliers and procurement is correct and up to date across all business systems.
- Producing and issuing Purchasing and Supplier KPIs and other ad hoc data and reports as required.
- Identifying and implementing improvements and cost reductions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Proven purchasing experience in a production, manufacturing, electronics or electrical engineering environment.
- Knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems.
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturing drawings and bills of materials.
- Knowledge of purchasing processes and an understanding of the importance of the key documents in a supply contract.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interface effectively with both internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Attention to detail and ability to identify data errors and put in place corrections.
- Strong ability to process data and information in MS programmes, especially Word and Excel. Strong numeracy skills.
- Current full driving licence.
Salary and reward package:
- Salary in the region of £26k-£30k depending on skills and experience.
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 days with service plus holiday purchase scheme.
- Company contributed pension.
- Flexible working hours.
- Pleasant and friendly working environment.
- Training and continuous development.
- Subsidised gym membership
- Free parking on site.
Key Words: Commodity Buyer, Electrical Engineering Buyer, Electronics Buyer, Buying, MRP, CIPS, Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, Electronic Components, Electrical Components, Electronics, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Lutterworth, Leicester, Leicestershire, Rugby, Coventry, Nuneaton, Kettering, Market Harborough, Daventry, Northampton.