Our client specialises in the installation, servicing and supply of beer dispensing equipment for a number of brewers and large events. Their customer base includes both large international breweries and small local craft brewers. Due to rapid growth there is a need to expand the existing office team with a new Planning Coordinator who will bring outstanding organisation, administration and telephone skills to their Crawley head office.
The successful Administrator / Planning Coordinator will organise, plan and manage the daily maintenance and servicing for their wide range of customers, producing schedules for 25 to 30 on-the-road technicians. A good knowledge of the geography and roads of London and the Home Counties would be an advantage.
You will have exemplary telephone skills, be quick-thinking, a clear and confident communicator and able to remain calm under pressure. It is essential that you build good relationships with key personnel for each customer in order to maintain effective communication.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, well-organised office administrator to join a fast-paced, yet relaxed, company in the brewing industry that enjoys very high levels of staff retention and where all employees can share in the company’s continuing success at a very exciting time of its growth.
Your duties as an Administrator / Planning Coordinator will include:
- Taking customer calls via the phone and email and logging them into the Service Management system.
- Planning daily maintenance and installation schedules with customers and allocating a technician accordingly.
- Planning each technician’s daily workload to ensure they run at (or near) capacity.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- Maintaining effective communications (both verbally and in writing) and strong relationships between Sales Reps, customers, suppliers, visitors, and staff members.
- Keeping relevant database data up to date.
- Co-ordinating the order of spare parts as required by the Operations team and Storeman and keeping the customer informed at every stage.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Administration experience in a similar busy office environment, ideally with a technical planning or scheduling aspect to the role. Previous use of planning/scheduling systems would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – particularly strong telephone skills. Be a great listener and be able to impart complex information in a clear, confident, concise and unambiguous way.
- Be well-organised with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to think clearly and quickly to resolve issues with planning and organisation
- Have good geographical and road knowledge, particularly of the south, south-east, London and the Home Counties.
- Good working experience of MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel).
- Able to work accurately with high attention to detail.
- Able to work well within a team, as well as independently.
- Able to manage your own workload and work to pre-determined timescales, yet also being flexible when necessary and remaining calm when under pressure.
Salary and reward package:
- Salary £18-£20k per annum depending on skills and experience.
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Friendly, relaxed and casual working environment.
- Free onsite parking.