Our client is a leading manufacturer in self-adhesive tapes, foams, films and foils for a wide range of applications and industries. They are currently seeking a number of experienced Production Technicians to join their busy team in Lancing, West Sussex.
As Production Technician you will be responsible for assembling and manufacturing products in accordance with the production plan whilst adhering to set procedures and quality requirements and monitoring and controlling performance against targets.
The ideal Production Technician will have a light engineering / mechanical / manufacturing background or be a technically minded individual with energy and drive and who is quick to learn. In addition, experience of operating within a production facility is also desirable within this technical role.
This is a great opportunity to join a long-established company committed to quality and who aims to treat their customers, employees and communities fairly and with care.
Your duties as Production Technician will include:
- Assembling and manufacturing products in accordance with the production plan adhering to set procedures and quality requirements.
- Taking the appropriate course of actions as soon as any issues likely to affect the quality of product being produced is noticed.
- Keeping accurate and timely information relating to cGMP and GDP, taking the appropriate actions to fully investigate the root cause in conjunction with the Quality team.
- Monitoring and controlling manufacturing performance against targets, i.e, minimise waste, deliver on expected outputs and recommend improvements, manufacture quality product against specification, etc.
- Making sure that cleanliness and maintenance of machines and housekeeping of workspaces are of the highest standard.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Experience in a light engineering / mechanical / manufacturing background a light engineering / mechanical / manufacturing background or be a technically minded individual with energy and drive and who is quick to learn.
- Have a flexible ‘can-do’ approach with enthusiasm and drive.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Adopts a common sense approach alongside excellent situational awareness skills.
- Health and Safety awareness.
- Strong communication skills.
- Quality focused.
Salary and reward package:
- Salary £18,000 to £25,000 depending on skills and experience.
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (additional 3 days leave to cover Christmas shut down).
- Pension scheme.
- Subsidised Healthcare Plan.
- Death in service benefit.