Commercial Vehicles /Trucks & Vans
Worthing (Sussex & Surrey Area) – Attractive Salary
Our client is a long-established commercial vehicle franchise that provides a comprehensive truck and van sales, maintenance and call out service throughout Sussex and Surrey. Allied to one of the world’s most prestigious automotive brands an exciting opportunity has been created for an experienced and ambitious Dealer Principal to take responsibility for their four English branches from the Worthing head office.
The business has a commitment to providing its customers with a ‘one-stop shop’ for their Truck or Van needs, which includes new and used commercial vehicle sales, and aftersales servicing, repair and MoTs. As the Dealer Principal you will be responsible for ensuring the franchise meets the highest levels of customer service at each step of the operation, in line with the customer’s expectations of the brand, and to do so profitably.
You will have a good understanding of the commercial vehicle market and be highly customer focussed, a good team builder and a problem solver with outstanding attention to detail. You will demonstrate excellent vision, leadership, and development planning skills and will enjoy the support of a strong, established and highly experienced middle management team.
Your responsibilities as Dealer Principal will be wide ranging and will include:
- The running of all four of the franchise’s dealerships based in Crawley, Aldershot, Worthing and Eastbourne. You will be based primarily at the Worthing head office.
- Ensuring, and increasing, the profitability of each franchise and the group as a whole.
- Establishing a clear and robust vision as to where and how you want to develop the business and effectively communicating and ‘selling’ it to your team.
- Driving, encouraging and supporting the middle management team to meet the goals of the franchise and the brand.
- Ensuring the group delivers outstanding levels of customer service at all steps of the operation.
- Controlling budgets and the management of cash flow, stocks and assets. Monitoring group and individual franchise financial performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Building strong relationships with suppliers, partners and the franchise’s teams.
- The implementation of brand strategies, policies, procedures.
- Recruiting, developing & retaining talented staff.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- A proven track record of running a busy dealership franchise, ideally from a similar commercial vehicle environment.
- A clear and confident communicator, in both written and spoken communication. Able to clearly communicate strategy and goals and be an excellent negotiator with good powers of persuasion.
- A strong understanding of finance for budgeting cost control and analysing economic performance on a micro and macro level.
- Be confident, proactive, ambitious and driven to succeed in a fast-paced, target-orientated business.
- Have a commitment to setting and meeting the highest standards and able to impart and embed this ethos to all staff throughout the business.
- The ability to provide development and leadership creating an environment where teams feel valued and engaged to the best of their ability, consistently motivating and driving performance levels.
- The ability to provide succinct, yet detailed, reports and management data to the business owners.
- Excellent planning, operational, trouble shooting and problem solving skills with outstanding attention to detail.
- A full driving licence.
Salary and reward package:
- An attractive salary and bonuses commensurate with the position.
- 22 days holiday plus statutory.
- Health care package.
- Death-in-service benefit.
Key words* Senior Management, Dealer Principal, Dealership Principal, Fleet Management, General Manager, Commercial Vehicles, Franchise, Automotive, Trucks, Vans, Franchise Management, Cluster Management, Aldershot, Worthing, Eastbourne, Crawley, Brighton, Horsham, Haywards Heath.