Lutterworth, Leicestershire LE17 4HG
(With flexibility to work across all sites and occasional supplier visits)
Our client is a respected and long established electronics manufacturing services partner specialising in end-to-end procurement, manufacture and supply chain solutions, employing over 450 personnel across the group and with a turnover in excess of £40m and rising.
Electronics Manufacturing is an exciting, fast-paced environment that varies every day. But it’s also a challenging one that requires commitment and dedication. Consistently building, inspecting, testing and shipping complex products on-time, in full doesn’t happen by luck. It’s not just a case of pushing a few buttons and hoping for the best. It requires an amazing team with a unique set of skills and a passion for process and control, which is where you come in.
We have a full time, permanent vacancy for a Quality Engineer to join our team.
You will have proven experience in similar manufacturing environments and will work closely with our Production and Quality Assurance team. You will actively promote and support activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality standards for site processes. You will act as key quality engineering contact, supporting major account customers as directed. Ideally, you will have an HNC (UK) or equivalent Technical Education as a minimum.
Your duties as a Quality Engineer will include:
- Co-ordinating, facilitating and supporting the application of quality improvement tools such as 8D, FMEA, 5 Why and Structured Problem Solving across the site in accordance with defined group quality improvement strategies.
- Supporting the Quality Technician in the maintenance of Quality Control Plans for areas such as Goods Inwards Inspection processes for both UK and CZ operations.
- Assisting in the identification of process/system improvements across the site, develop and execute plans to address same.
As key quality engineering contact for defined major account customers, the job holder will be responsible for activities such as:
- Customer complaint verification and management/reporting.
- Providing Technical Support to customer engineering.
- Control of external documents such as specifications, assembly and test instructions etc.
As defined and agreed with the company’s key account management and group quality management.
- Supporting and carrying out UK investigations for CZ Cards (Black & Red).
- Carrying out Goods Inwards Inspection on ‘drawn item’ parts supplied – as directed.
- Carrying out Product Assurance checks on assembled items returned from company’s Sro and any other sub-contractors.
- Supporting Engineering to, manage, coordinate and maintain the company’s Calibration program.
- Liaising with process owners in order to identify Quality system risks and co-ordinate improvement plans.
- Carrying out cross Company internal audits and Supplier audits as part of the group quality audit team. (Additional 5-day lead auditor training will be required for this responsibility).
- Assisting Production and QA with technical queries and investigations.
- Supporting document control and project administration.
- Driving and assisting in continuous improvement activities throughout the business.
- Helping improve other processes and procedures when requested.
- Assist in the development and training of other members within the QA team.
- Assist in other suitable projects as directed.
- Undertake any other activities that are within your capabilities, as directed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Proven experience in similar manufacturing environments.
- HNC (UK) or equivalent Technical Education as a minimum.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of ISO9001 QMS requirements.
- Experience working with high precision milled, turned and fabricated metal.
- Strong auditing experience.
- Knowledge of statistical methods used in Quality systems.
- An understanding of Electro Mechanical standards in a manufacturing environment, which includes knowledge of component measurement methods for such parts.
- An understanding of Quality & Workmanship standards e.g. J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610. IPC 620 etc.
- Experience of the ISO14001 standard would be advantageous.
- Supplier assessment and development experience an advantage.
- An understanding of electronic component distribution and assembly processes would be advantageous.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills, including report writing.
- Very proactive and self-motivated, and a good team player.
- Organised, with demonstrable attention to detail and a strong ‘right first time and every time’ ethos.
- Experience of working in a demanding commercial environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the application of quality improvement tools such as 5 Why, Structured Problem Solving, 8D, FMEA etc. and a willingness to understand and apply new tools and techniques in this area.
- Knowledge of CAD/SolidWorks would be advantageous.
- Other requirements include flexibility, teamwork, literacy and use of Microsoft Office.
Salary and reward package:
- Salary Depending on experience
- Flexi hours working
- Subsidised Gym membership
- 28 – 33 Days holiday (including statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday purchase scheme available
- Free onsite parking
Keywords: Lutterworth, LE17 4HG, Leicestershire, Quality Engineer, QA, Deputy Quality Manager, HNC(UK), Problem solving, Supervise, Support, Flexible, Supplier visits, Product Assurance, Calibration, ISO, ISO9001, ISO9001 QMS, Manufacturing, Electronics, MS Office, PCB, CAD, SolidWorks, 5 Why, Structured Problem Solving, 8D, FMEA, Internal audit, Technical Support, Metal engineering, Metal Fabrication, Good metalwork skills, Alloys